Based on decades of experience in developing and operating hydropower schemes in Iceland and elsewhere we have developed a comprehensive work program covering all stages of the process, from preliminary desk studies to full operation.
Our experts and project managers have extensive experience in managing complex hydropower and transmission projects. They have been responsible for the comprehensive management of all new power stations and associated transmission systems that Landsvirkjun has constructed over the last decades.
They have worked with numerous Icelandic and international engineering consultants, civil contractors and manufacturers of electromechanical equipment and have extensive experience in power station refurbishment and upgrades. Landsvirkjun Power has successfully expanded international operations with a number of hydropower and geothermal projects in various countries.
Specific Areas of Expertise
- Conceptual studies
- Feasibility studies
- Design and design reviews
- International tendering and contracting
- Construction management
- Owner's engineering services
- Technical advice on hydropower projects to owners, financial institutions, power-intensive industries etc.
- Specialized advice on design and construction
- Risk assessment
- Operation and maintenance